Pedagogy into Practice 2024
May 30-June 1 University of Oklahoma
The Gail Boyd de Stwolinski Center for Music Theory Pedagogy is pleased to announce Pedagogy into Practice: Teaching Music Theory in the Twenty-first Century. The Program Committee, in partnership with the Center and the Editorial Board of the Journal of Music Theory Pedagogy, invites proposals for research papers, posters, panels, and workshops/demonstrations that relate to any aspect of music theory pedagogy.
The conference will provide a forum for all who wish to share ideas about teaching music theory. We encourage students, high school teachers, community college instructors, and faculty at both large and small institutions to participate in this important event. We especially welcome theory instructors whose primary specialty lies in other areas (e.g. performance, class piano, music history, music education, music technology, etc.).
Call for Proposals is now open. Deadline: December 1, 2023..
2024 Pedagogy Into Practice Program Committee
● Jennifer Shafer England, Montana State University-chair
● Jenine Brown, Peabody Conservatory of the Johns Hopkins University
● Richard Desinord, Michigan State University
● Scott Dirkse, Bakersfield College
● David Geary, Wake Forest University
● Anne Neikirk, Norfolk State University
● Olga Sánchez-Kisielewska, University of Chicago
● Akira Sato, Plano West Senior High School